The average coax cable of 1985 vintage probably had a velocity factor of
66%.  If you didn't figure this into your calculations the coax would
appear to be about 1/4 physical length, but would be an electrical 1/2
wavelength.  Did you use a velocity factor in your calculations?

Would it be possible to scan the Motorola document that you have and
post it to the group?  I've heard of it but I've never seen it.

73, Joe, K1ike