I'll be looking forward to the photo, hope I can assist you.
lance
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lee Pennington
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2009 8:55 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Unidentified EF Johnson Repeater

    Lance;
  My machine is way older than the CR series. I saw a picture and PDF file for
them and their vintage is newer.The power supply in my unit has a huge heat
sink. Mine has N type Tx and Rx connectors coming out of the top of the
cabinet, they weren't being used when I got it. The receiver had RG 142U
hardwired to the input which ran directly to the cans. I drilled a hole and
installed a chassis mount BNC connector and put in a BNC to type "N" jumper in.
I also installed a jumper likewise from the Xmitter to the other "N" conector
coming out the top. I'll see if my friend can take some photos  to send to you
so we can indentify it. Hopefully with that info I can obtain some sort of
service manual or at least a schematic. I hope you can come up with what I
need. I have several other machines on the air even as we speak, but this is my
first Johnson, but it was free and I've got too much time on my hands, and a
local club needs a repeater so I'll "git 'r' done" and turn it over to them.
  Thanks.
  de Lee
  K4LJP
  73