From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Chris Curtis
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:30 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] OT : Amtronix is the coolest

"how amtronix saved my bacon"

So some of you followed the selling of my 1200s and decision to use my 8924c
for "everything".

Well, since it worked fine tuning duplexers and sweeping antennae, it should
be fine all the way around.

Wrong!

Nothing over a watt or so would "read" properly on TX test.

Also, sky high swr.

Rick from Amtronix patiently walked me through some trouble shooting areas
via email.

Now mind you, this isn't even one of "his units".

Anyway, there was a solder blob in the input attenuator housing bridging the
input side of the attenuator to ground.

Harsh!

Now, thanks to Amtronix, my 8924c works like it should.

They're the coolest!

Chris
Kb0wlf