W3ML wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> We are looking to replace that used antenna after getting 100 feet of new
> Andrews 1/2" donated to our club.
>
> Now I realize that the DB type antenna is the best, but we do not have 800
> bucks to buy one.
>
> So, my question is should we just get a new G7-144 to replace the used G7 or
> is there another type of vertical that we could get that would be good.
>
> Being in North Indiana, our winters can be quite brutal, so we would probably
> want something durable.

Given that last statement, I suspect that it won't take long for the
price of multiple G7-144s (not to mention the costs/time of repeatedly
going to the site and climbing the tower to replace them) to equal $800.

I use Telewave, with their generous amateur radio discount, at all my
sites and I've gone over a decade at some with no replacement required
(even the antenna that went through a winter tower collapse is still going).

Matthew Kaufman