Ah, OK Doug.  I understand your project better now.  I'm sure you'll find
something that'll fit your needs.  and you can keep the Super Stationmaster
in mind for the new tower later.  ;-)

73, Mark - N9WYS

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com  On Behalf Of Doug Rehman

Mark:

I could probably come up with a used 9dB DB Products antenna, but for this
application, weight is a MAJOR factor. A DB-809 is around 25 pounds and a
DB-589 is still about 11 pounds. The 5dB gain Maxrad MFB9155 is less than 2
pounds.

This is going on top of a 24' mast that is on top of a 54' tower. The mast
already has multiple HF-1.2 GHz antennas, so loading is the major
consideration. The DB-809 would equal about 600 pounds at the thrust bearing
and the DB-859 would equal about 264 pounds- way more than the Maxrad.

I'll eventually put up a second tower in the 100' range (I'm height limited
due to a nearby 3800' grass strip airport) and will be able to go to
something more substantial on it. For now, the Maxrad will have to suffice.

This is for one of several 927 MHz repeaters that will be UHF linked. It
doesn't need to have huge range, it is mainly to cover about a 10 mile
radius.

The other sites will be using DB Products antennas.

Doug

K4AC