I plan to run over tonight and put a drop light in the rack with a 100 or
150 watt light bulb to put off some heat.  I might also tighten up the
squelch a frog hair.  The repeater is a RANGER unit with a Neutec
transceiver on 220.  The duplexer is 4 Telwave cans.  - Mike

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Eric Lemmon
Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2010 4:01 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Cold temps and repeaters

Mike,

The first question that comes to mind is, what is the make and model of your
repeater? Some repeaters have better low-temperature performance than
others, especially when fully-compensated channel elements are used.
Perhaps the duplexer is affected by the temperature, although 45 degrees is
hardly an extreme. It may be worthwhile to install a simple
thermostat-controlled resistive heater inside the cabinet.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY