I totally agree with that Bob.  I believe the dissimilar metal *thing* has far
less to do with generating noise and PIM, than the simple fact that we have
separate wires and elements constructing the shield that have very bad
electrical connections with each other.

Aluminum is known to always form a non-conducting oxide on it when exposed to
air.  Non-silver plated copper braid wires can have the same problem, though
not quite as readily if kept dry.  In any case, there are thousands of
potential diode mixers per foot of cable.  I too, use only silver-plated braid
or solid copper such as Superflex.

I'll never forget the piece of RG213 that I once had feeding a repeater antenna
that easily generated noise when taken in hand and flexed.

I say all the good luck to those that successfully use 9913 and similar cables
in duplex service.  I'll use cables that are virtually certain to *not*
generate duplex noise in my installations.

Laryn K8TVZ