I bought a set of cans that took a lightning hit years ago on my 2 meter
repeater.  They are older Phelps Dodge cans.  The finger stock was OK,
but the tuning rod had arched.  I retuned the low pass cans to high pass
and vice versa.  They have worked fine ever since, but I do run them at
low power, 50 watts.   You might try the same thing.

73, Joe, K1ike