  From: Ian Wells
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 2:48 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Adapting ctcss decoders to maxon pm150

        Hi guys .I was looking at adapting a midian tds-1 to a maxon pm150 but
we end up with feedback problems when used in repeater .
        Can anyone suggest ideas to give rf protection to the decoder chip .I
came up with shielded cable between the board and the chip
        And to install the chip in a metal case on near the radio .or mounting
it as close to the rf motherboard as possible but I don't think
        It will fit under the lid .The reason we would like to use the tds-1 is
that the radio has to unmute before it decodes
        And I would like it to decode before the signal opens the mute .This
improves the speed the repeater opening up
        On a valid signal .
        Thank You ,Ian Wells
        Kerinvale Comaudio,
        361 Camboon road, Biloela.4715