I have created a MotoTrbo Information folder in the Files section of this
Group.  Some of the documents posted there may answer your questions.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY

-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of MCH
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 12:47 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: HAM Mototrbo Systems

Great info.

I assume that users are shut off via a 'kill code' to the radio since
the repeater cannot be used to allow selective access.

Also, is there a URL for the system planner?

Joe M.

nj902 wrote:
> Answers to most of the Mototrbo questions can be found in the Mototrbo
System Planner.

> Here is some information on color codes and groups copied from that
document:

> Color codes are defined by the Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) standard and can
be used to separate two or more MOTOTRBO digital radio systems which operate
on common frequencies.

> The total number of available color codes per frequency is 16. From a
radio user's perspective the color code is similar in nature to a Group ID.
However, it should not be used for this purpose. Just as Groups are intended
to separate users into groups, the color code is intended to uniquely
identify systems or channels which operate on common frequencies.

> In MOTOTRBO systems, capabilities for Group Calls are configured with the
portable and mobile radio CPS. The repeater does not require any specific
configuration for groups. Radios can be configured to enable the user to
select among multiple groups using the radio channel selector knob or
buttons, or using the radio menu contacts list. Which group a radio user
hears on a given channel depends on a configurable parameter called the RX
Group List.