From: John J. Riddell <ve3...@earthlink.net>
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Controller order , paypal problems
To: "Repeater-Builder" <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 4:45 PM

Some of you will recall that I had problems with Paypal when ordering a
repeater controller.

I sent two E mails to paypal and got no satisfactory reply...just "stock
answers"
I then called them to find out why they sent an E Check for my purchase instead
of
an instant money transfer.

Again the lady read from a "script" and after asking her several times why they
handled
it this way, she finally told me that they have instituted a new "security"
measure.

When a purchase looks suspicious to their Computer, it decides to send an E
Check
which can take 10 - 15 days to clear.

Is there any way to prevent this....no.. ... since no human gets to see this
transaction.
This might happen in 1 - 2 % of the transactions that they handle.

In my case the amount was $185.00 and it came out of my bank account instantly
but their computer decided that it might be "suspicious" !

So hopefully this information is helpful to anyone using Paypal to make
payments.
I've used them many times in the past and never had a problem until now.

John VE3AMZ