tahrens301 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Working on a micor mobile to be used as a
> repeater (only using the exciter/control board/PA).
>
> Was going through it, and am only able to get
> about 75 watts out of it with the exciter on 53.7.
>
> The exciter is putting out 0.3 watts... a bit more
> than most exciters I've seen, but they were high band.

I'd expect to only see 75 watts out of a 110 watt PA if you only have
300 mW of drive.  Low Band exciters usually have about 600 mW leaving
the exciter on frequencies within original specification, and it's
common to see 150 watts out of a Low Band PA.

Under drive can be a bad thing.  I'd look at it with a spectrum analyzer
and make sure it isn't spurious because of the 3 dB of under drive.  It
probably isn't, but I'd check it anyway...

Kevin