I duplexed a 75 W UHF Mitrek (not Mitrex...) nearly 15 years ago now.
It's still running fine, no in-cabinet desense. I have it running at abt
40-45W out with a fan on it (same fan for all that time too, btw).
Only issue is the power control pots seem a little flaky sometimes and
don't allow power out, but it doesn't happen often.
I could see desense being a problem on VHF and especially low-band,
though...