From: James <ka2...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] CTCSS Encoder/Decoder
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 10:35 AM

Hi Guys,
We have been experimenting with building CTCSS Units using the 567 Tone Chip
and good components, i.e. Caps, multi turn pots etc. The stability is not good
in my opinion. We will set it to 107.2 and the next time you check it is off
enough to where it won't decode until it is re-tuned slightly. I am wondering
what your experiences may have been with this CTCSS Chip. Many articles say
they work well with the addition of a stable voltage regulator, so we added a
five volt regulator, no difference in stability. Any comments and experiences
with this and other chips would be appreciated. The availability of CTCSS Chips
seems limited.