Hi all;
I am currently deployed to Afghanistan. I received four quantar repeater/base
stations for use here, plus 140+ XTS5000R handhelds. I am attempting to setup
the Quantars as repeaters on the VHHF1 band, in non astro/analog mode. I have
one setup with a separate transmit, and receive antenna. These antennas are the
Andrews Omni, Exposed Dipole Antenna type. I am configured for scan mode, using
four channels.

The second Quantar is configured for one T/R antenna. (Ran out of mounts here
for antennas).  At first the setup worked well. (I have various models of
handhelds using the system, this is why i chose non astro cofiguration.)
Shortly after activation, certain handhelds were not able to hit the repeaters.
 Both are setup for 125W output.  It seems after these were put into use, our
radio coverage is worse, not better.
Is there an option I'm missing in the software config. of these repeaters?
I am new at the repeater business. My background is more tactical radio
configurations. This is my first time with repeaters.
Any assistance on this is GREATLY appreciated.