From: kq7dx <kq...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] MOVs for power supply primary
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, June 7, 2010, 8:38 PM

Hello to group,
Is putting a MOV from hot to ground, neutral to ground, on the primary of the
transformer of the power supply a good idea..
I have a ICE surge suppressor on in front as well but thought I would put more
inside the supply for back up.

Also, are the MOVs that radio shack sell any good. Rated at 130VAC. Any body
used them...

Last question: when MOVs fail or take a surge do they fail in a shorted
condition taking out the fuse till the MOV can be replaced, or do they blow or
fail open leaving the supply working.

Thanks for the help..
73s