Hi Mike, That's what I've heard as well.

What I have briefly learnt about the  RD982 platform is that it has been
carefully designed after learning from other vendors mistakes and LEARNING from
them. The quality is such that one could re-badge the radio as a new generation
Motorola and get away with it. I know for a fact that Motorola are very
concerned about HYT.

 The RD982 platform has been loosely based on the Australian Spectra
Engineering MX900 series of repeaters, which ironically is rebadged and sold to
MOTOROLA as the MXD1500 series of base station. This infrastructure is well
respected in the professional industry.

  See: http://www.spectraeng.com.au/mx800.shtml

Mike, did you get my private message earlier?

Cheers
Gareth Bennett

RadioSystems
P.O. Box 5202