From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Gareth Bennett
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 7:09 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] DMR Repeaters

Hi Mike, That's what I've heard as well.

What I have briefly learnt about the  RD982 platform is that it has been
carefully designed after learning from other vendors mistakes and LEARNING
from them. The quality is such that one could re-badge the radio as a new
generation Motorola and get away with it. I know for a fact that Motorola
are very concerned about HYT.

 The RD982 platform has been loosely based on the Australian Spectra
Engineering MX900 series of repeaters, which ironically is rebadged and sold
to MOTOROLA as the MXD1500 series of base station. This infrastructure is
well respected in the professional industry.

  See: http://www.spectrae <http://www.spectraeng.com.au/mx800.shtml>
ng.com.au/mx800.shtml

Mike, did you get my private message earlier?

Cheers

Gareth Bennett

RadioSystems
P.O. Box 5202