From: James <ka2...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Astron RS50 Power Supply
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 2:22 PM

Hi Guys,
I am trying to download a schematic on this site for the RS50M Power Supply and
keep getting a 404 Error on each attempt on all the supplies. Any ideas?

Also our above mentioned power supply which operates our 2 Meter and 440
Repeaters and a low power link started humming yesterday. A trip to the tower
showed that the two large wires coming from the Pass Transistors to the post on
top of the regulator board and into the 1000 Uf Electrolytic got so hot it
melted the insulation an inch back on the wires, burned an area the size of a
quarter on the fiter side of the regulator board, turned the terminal black on
the Cap. and cracked the plastic on the cap. It never blew the fuse and a check
of the voltage showed it regulating under load and hardly a trace of AC on the
13 volt output. The MOV or eight amp AC fuse never blew. All the equipment
hooked to the supply took off and worked well on another supply. Anyone have a
guess as to what caused this obvious surge ontop of the cap?
I am going to replace the Cap. and one resistor on the regular board which is
discolored and hope for the best. Any advise appreciated.

Thanks in advance JIM KA2AJH Wellsville, N.Y.