In theory most xtal radios are quieter than synthesized ones, but a
filter would seem to be the better thing to do as it really stops the
problem...even a bandpass can or 2 on the link radio would be acceptable
if a notch is not available.. I just offered a notch duplexer option as
they can be bought sub 150.00 usd... and probably a lot less off ebay..

"I" would fix the noise potential rather than swap the tx for another
model.. but I have different options available to me than maybe you
do... If the site were at a "remote" location for me.. I try to make it
bulletproof so I do not have to deal with it.. :-)

Doug