Was the "Repeater" a republican, democrat, or independent???

Jeff

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:09 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Harmful Taxing

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Scott Zimmerman <n3...@...> wrote:

Remember: For every law that is passed there is one less freedom we will
NEVER get back!!

There is a movement in this country (the US) that is anti-law and
anti-government which creates such slogans without thinking them through to
their logical conclusion.  This is an example, just think about the laws
considering such things as murder, robbery, rape, extortion, product safety,
financial management, and so on -- each of these laws may be viewed by a
sociopath as taking away a freedom, but they are for the good of society.
This statement is false on its surface, consider prohibition and its repeal
and the thousands of laws enacted every year that change the ones enacted
before.  The movement pushing these ideas, is just as quick to push laws
that restrict freedom as those they are trying to tear down, just because
their laws meet their emotional/sentimental world view.

The creation of a law, including taxes, is not inherently bad.  It is only
so if it unduly restricts humans from the pursuit of life, liberty, or the
pursuit of happiness.  Yes, we have problems in our current laws and
government, but we still retain the right of the ballot, and if we see
problems there, we should look in the mirror for the solutions.

If your legislators are writing laws that favor one group over another (e.g.
the rich over the poor, corporations over citizens and natural persons, etc.
-- the NRA over all other associations, auto dealers over other public loan
writers) you need to let them know your factual opinions on the subject.  We
need laws and taxes that are created on the best available current
scientific facts, not those that protect the status quo, corruption by
political contribution, or for sentimental/emotional issues.

A few years back, my state of Washington levied a significant "tax" (rental
fees) for any repeater on state owned land, the legislature was contacted
and an exemption was made for amateur radio and the rent was limited to
US$100/yr. which is an absolute giveaway for some of these sites.