From: william...@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 10:42 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] MSR2000

Stan,

Ugh!

That will make it extremely difficult to figure out what is going on.  What
cards are in the cage?

Typically it should have PL card and R1 Audio card (these are installed
horizontally above the normal vertical cards), Squelch gate card and Station
control card.  It might also have a time out card and Line card.

Is the pacific research controller with the repeater?

I'm not sure where to tell you to start.  Examine each card for any mods.
Collect as much documentation as you can about what was done.

Basically a controller requires a COR signal from the receiver, a PTT to the
transmitter, Receiver audio going to the controller, TX audio from the
controller to the transmitter, and a PLL indicate.  If the controller is still
there you can work backwards from there.  There are several places where these
signals are available.  Either on individual cards or from the backplane.  Look
for additional jumpers on the backplane.  In original condition there are NO
jumpers from any of the backplane pins.

Get yourself some manuals.  I can try to help you as much as I can.  The
receive signal flow is from the receiver to the R1 audio card.  This card has
the local volume control and the squelch control.  It provides the audio amp
and squelch circuitry for the receiver.  From the receiver the signal also goes
to the PL and Squelch gate card.  The PL card decodes (and provides receiver
filtering if so jumpered) PL and sends it to the Squelch gate card.  The
squelch gate card processes the audio from the R1 card and sends it to the
transmitter.  It also provides the transmitter keying signal.  The keying
signal goes to the Station control card through the front panel card controls.
From there it goes to the transmitter.  There is also circuitry for delaying
the de-key of the transmitter to accomodate the reverse PL burst.

Bill - WA0CBW

In a message dated 7/6/2010 9:03:12 A.M. Central Daylight Time,