Re: carrier operated relay project

> Greetings,

You forgot to add the "earth people" part.
Hi Manny,

>  Can anybody help me to make a makeshift repeater, I need
> a schematic diagram for carrier operated relay or "COR" for
> two radio transceivers to be converted into a repeater.
> Thanks to anyone who can help on this.
> Manny ,  ( mrj12...@... )

The carriers operated relay circuit is pretty generic. The connection
to the receiver (radio) and the audio interface are the portions of
the project that require the most attention.

And the above issues are tied to the specific radio model and how
easy or hard it is to obtain (or derive) those connection points.

For a repeater, you could simply sample the speaker audio, use it
to turn on a basic cor circuit along with an audio path connection
for the transmit radio.  But the circuit won't be the most user
friendly operation because the first part of your transmission is
almost always chopped off and silent periods also drop the transmit
signal.  But the circuit is simple and easy to do, plus it doesn't
normally require you go inside the radios to make a connection.

The more common methods include getting inside the receiver to
obtain and interface a COS/COR logic wire/circuit and what ever
method you choose to obtain audio for the transmitter. So the
specifics past a generic relay COR circuit kind of depend on what
radios you use for the repeater.

Members of the Repeater Builder Group have interfaced most of
the common radios into repeater hardware so you need only let us
know what radios you plan to use. We'll be happy to provide you
with abuse $%#*@& ... I mean additional help.

cheers,
s.