From: "wb6dgn" <wb6...@att.net>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 6, 2010 7:55:02 PM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: MSF-5000 information needed

The TPN1186 power supply provides a high current (approx. 36A.), 13.8 volt
source and two lower current 13.8 volt sources, fused at 6.3 amps each. There
is also decoupling and filtering on a "distribution board" which also provides
overvoltage and overcurrent protection. Depending on your "12 volt" source, you
may want to find a "parts donor" power supply and adapt that distribution board
to suit your needs. The lower power (150 watt and below) stations do not use
any supply voltage above that 13.8 volts, however. One thing that you will
need, however is what Motorola calls the "Low Power Control Head". This is a
rather deceptive name for a rather simple device that senses forward and
reflected power and sends that information to the power control circuitry in
the RF tray. This information is normally located on one of the RF amps. (I
forgot which) but when the PA's are not used, the "control head" performs that
function. Schematics of the power supplies and the "control head" should be on
Repeater Builder TIP pages or they can be found in most of the MSF service
manuals. Good luck, Tom DGN