Some of the comments on the Old Motorola's brought back a lot of Memories ,
There use to be a Store in oak park Il  name Spectronics ,   I recall going
there over 40 Yrs ago it was a Drive for Me too from Indiana , They had a
large  Disc Meter  in the Window  on 146.520  you could key your radio and
check the Freq ,   I had a old Mot I think 80 D Tube  Receiver on the Ind
State Police 42.42

 I needed a Xtal trimmer Cap for it and They had one for 25 Cents ,   The
guy ask for My Ham lic .  I did not have one and  He said he could not sell
me the part , I finally convinced Him it was a receiver and I had drove a
long  way So He sold it to Me  ,  I saw pictures on the Wall of Old
Motorola's Radios that were sent to the Dump  , I never did find that place
, I did some Dumpster diving at Motorola  in Schaumburg a couple of times on
the way back from a hamfest on a Sunday .

They also had  some Fancy Motorola  HT-220 Scan Etc.  Kits , I think this Co
is the Same People http://www.theportableclinic.com/  Check the site  lots
of old memories on it I also think Our Member Ted at
http://www.mdmradio.com/  was involved with this place I think

Don

KA9QJG