Hello all,

A friend gave me his MVP UHF repeater to work on. The audio squelch board was
bad and I replaced it. I made what I HOPE was all the tracings and jumper
connections on this board by copying the old board. The problem is that there
is NO audio on the transmitter output when the squelch is opened up. I can hear
squelch fine on the transmit output when I press the TEST switch on the front.
The squelch control has no effect of course on the squelch while in the test
position. There is an ORANGE wire that is connected to this switch on the front
but is not connected-like it is broken off from the board. Does this have
anything to do with the squelch? The repeater keys up fine when I open the
squelch but no squelch noise is present-like it is being muted. When I press
the test switch I can hear my audio on a monitor receiver fine when I transmit
thru the repeater with my hand held. WHERE does this orange wire from the
switch go? Is this the problem?

Thanks for any help!

Steve W4SEF