Hi Gordon,
Yep, I can remember installing new T300's at the NZPO and now de-commissioning
them a few decades later.
They are pretty straightforward and still have a good following and many are
still in active service.
What do you wish to accomplish? If you want to utilise them as a basic 2 meter
repeater, no problems as you can set up the radios as a basic talk through
repeater.

What versions do you have, the /02 probably were the most common and the /01
were made for exclusive NZPO use (BNC test ports on the front for LO alignment).
I'm guessing that if they came out of emergency service use, they more than
likely were on the old CD band of around 149 MHz @ 25 KHz, so would need
minimal re-alignment for amateur use.

I've got The manuals somewhere on PDF if you require them.

Gareth Bennett

RadioSystems Limited
P.O. Box 5202
Dunedin  9024