You might like to look at the latest Motorola R56 Installation standards
manual. It's very comprehensive. Has good section on grounding and
protective devices.

Yes, a good grounding system and a full lightning and surge protection of an
RF site doesn't come cheap.  But if you live in Florida the lightning
capital of USA  or similar location then every step you can take can save
really big bucks in system damage and give you more system up time.

Back in the mid 1990's I did a R56 installation of a 800MHZ trunking system
in Manaus, Amazonas in Brazil.    This was co-located with a 50KW TV and
20KW FM radio site and also at the same site he was running the local ISP
vial dial in landlines. The customer initially thought we were really
overdoing the trunking installation by following R56.    But after a massive
direct strike which took out both broadcast transmitters and burnt out every
one of his hundred or so Modems, but thanks to our following the R56
installation guidelines the 800Mhz site kept on happily trunking. He then
read with great interest the R56 manual and applied it to his whole
installation.

Peter