All of the compa racks I've seen used spring seel stampings from
Tinnerman.   You might think they are crappy, but they are inherently
vibration resistant.   What I think you might be thinking of are cage nuts:

http://www.cablesandkits.com/rack-mount-cage-nuts-with-screws-1032-qty-100-p-1120.html

--
mailto:o...@ozindfw.net
Oz