For simplex use, you have to have an external antenna relay.

JT

De: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] En nombre de Dave Schultheis
Enviado el: Sábado, 28 de Agosto de 2010 01:34 p.m.
Para: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Asunto: [Repeater-Builder] Kenwood TKR-750 (VHF repeater)

Hello folks,

I have a TKR-850 operating as a UHF repeater and EchoLink/IRLP node.
It works great!

I have a TKR-750 that I would like to put into service on a simplex
frequency. The advertising literature and the service manual both
state that it can be used on simplex using only one antenna, and I
have set the programming to "simplex" rather than "repeater."

However, I cannot find anything stating which antenna to use and/or
what other cabling must be used, what other procedure to follow, or
what other step must be taken.

Is it as simple as screwing the antenna coax into the TX connector?

The receiver works just fine, and I can hear strong local signals by
alligator-clipping an antenna to the RX input. My next step is to
alligator-clip an antenna to the TX input to see if I can receive as
well there.

Does anybody have any experience with either of these (or similar
units) that can point me to the proper procedure or documentation?

73 de Dave WB6KHP
San Jose
IRLP 3246 / EchoLink 525493

pushing sine wave energy through the atmosphere since 1965

--

dave6592 [at] accesscom [dot] com - http://www.accesscom.com/~dave6592
Dave Schultheis, San José, Silicon Valley, Santa Clara County, CA, USA