Charles,
Welcome to the world of 6 Meter repeaters.

They can be a lot of fun. In Missouri you are a little better off frequency and
duplexer wise due to your 1.7 MHz split between transmit and receive
frequencies.

For radios it depends if you are a GE or Motorola person. If you are a GE
person, the Mastr II is the repeater of choice, followed by a Exec II.  If you
are a Motorola person, the Micor or MSR2000 are the repeaters of choice,
followed by the Mitrek.

For a duplexer, any good commercial duplexer rated at 1 MHz spacing should do
the trick. Andrew LDF Heliax for feedline, and my favorite antenna is a pair of
DB Products loops, if you have enough tower space. If not a single loop will
work pretty good. I tend to shy away from fiberglass (Stationmaster style)
antennas for use on 6 Meter repeaters.

Your worst enemy will be anything rusty or loose on the tower.

If you are on a busy site near other radios and man made noise, you most likely
will not need nor want to use a preamp on the receiver, but if you are out in
the middle of nowhere on a solar site with a good quiet solar controller a
preamp may be of benefit.

Good Luck with your project.

Joe - WA7JAW