From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of burkleoj
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 1:02 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: 6 Meter Repeater

Charles,
Welcome to the world of 6 Meter repeaters.

They can be a lot of fun. In Missouri you are a little better off frequency
and duplexer wise due to your 1.7 MHz split between transmit and receive
frequencies.

For radios it depends if you are a GE or Motorola person. If you are a GE
person, the Mastr II is the repeater of choice, followed by a Exec II. If
you are a Motorola person, the Micor or MSR2000 are the repeaters of choice,
followed by the Mitrek.

For a duplexer, any good commercial duplexer rated at 1 MHz spacing should
do the trick. Andrew LDF Heliax for feedline, and my favorite antenna is a
pair of DB Products loops, if you have enough tower space. If not a single
loop will work pretty good. I tend to shy away from fiberglass
(Stationmaster style) antennas for use on 6 Meter repeaters.

Your worst enemy will be anything rusty or loose on the tower.

If you are on a busy site near other radios and man made noise, you most
likely will not need nor want to use a preamp on the receiver, but if you
are out in the middle of nowhere on a solar site with a good quiet solar
controller a preamp may be of benefit.

Good Luck with your project.

Joe - WA7JAW

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com> , "Charles Rader" <kc5...@...>
wrote:

> I am tossing around the idea of building a 6 meter repeater. This will
have
> to be single site if I do this. What are you guys using for the repeater,
> duplexer, and antenna?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Charles KC5DGC

<<image001.jpg>>