s...@mnoble.net writes:

> Yeah, airplane mode is pretty wonky with the replicant ril (radio
> interface library)

There has been no problem with it before for me...

> I've found turning off airplane mode, followed by a full reboot will
> usually get it going again.

This I have tried over and over again. Don't know exactly what a full
reboot is but I have tried both rebooting by the menu-item for it and to
turn off and on the phone.

> You also probably want to learn how to how to restart rild manually,
> that often helps if say you've driven out of your service area.
> You can do it from a command line with something like:
> $killall rild

Some more details welcome. Do you mean with a command line app on the
phone or from a host computer.

> But I find it's easier to use OSmonitor where you can long press on
>the
> process and choose kill from the context menu.

Do you mean

https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdfilter=osmonitor&fdid=com.eolwral.osmonitor

and then find the process called rild and kill it and then what. Is it
restarted by itself or should I restart the phone?

Thanks for the suggestions so far