On Mon, 3 Jun 2019 20:43:38 +0300
Joonas Kylmälä <joonas.kylm...@iki.fi> wrote:

> Hi,

> We generally have not used those *-dev branches? The only place there
> is -dev branch is the manifest repository because that is needed for
> repo (program) to clone different sort of things for dev build.
> Usually the development version is just the replicant-6.0 branch and
> then tag them when it is a finished version, and then the release
> version's manifest only selects tagged versions from the
> replicant-6.0 branches.
That makes more sense indeed.

> > Should we delete the master branch or should we sync it with
> > replicant-6.0?
>
> Let's sync the master branch in case somebody uses it. But nobody
> outside from Replicant project should be using replicant-6.0-dev
> branch so that just causes confusion for us so let's delete it.
>
> > As for libsamsung-ipc's master branch, I remember that it was used
> > by SHR, which was GNU/Linux distribution for smartphones. I'm not
> > sure if SHR is still active, and if they are active, if they still
> > use libsamsung-ipc.
>
> Let's keep this master branch too.

I've done some more research on the topic and I found that the wiki
states the following in the DeveloperGuide page[1]:
> [...] the master branch, [..] can be used by any project and be in any
> manifest given that the code held in the master branch will work on
> any Replicant version.

Since in this case the code is supposed to work on any Replicant
version and even potentially work on GNU/Linux for both repositories
cases, I'll do what you suggested.