On Sun, 30 Jul 2023 10:17:59 +0000
Fil Lupin via Replicant <replicant@osuosl.org> wrote:

> Hello,
> I installed recently a Replicant 4.2 on a Galaxy S3.
> Since I made a mistake while restoring a backup, I decided to factory
> reset and install again the device. However, I have a problem while
> factory reseting a Galaxy S3 on which I installed Replicant4.2 : When
> rebooting, I noticed that an app installed during first install is
> still there.
This is strange. Usually doing factory reset also removes the extra
applications being installed.

In the official documentation[1] about its partition I don't see two
separate partitions for the application data and the user data like on
the GT-I9100 (Galaxy SII)[2], so maybe it's related to that somehow.