On Thursday, April 07, 2005 11:51 AM [GMT],
Nabeel Nasser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi, I've installed report magic and checked the results but find it
> difficult to understand the results. Specifically I need help on the
> following issues raised by users:
> What do the terms mean in the report? What is a 'requested' as opposed
> to a 'served' page? (we had a page that had 28K requests but only 3K
> were served? This is scary as either our site is broken or the stats
> reporter is broken)

I'm really not sure about your terminology here. Analog differentiates
between "pages" and "requests", so the total number of requests includes
images, but the total number of pages doesn't. But I don't know of any
distinction between "requested" and "served".

(Most of your questions are more relevant to Analog than to Report
Magic. Analog is responsible for analyzing your logs, not Report Magic.
You might want to subscribe to the Analog Mailing list if you want to
discuss these issues further -
http://lists.meer.net/mailman/listinfo/analog-help )

> Can we see the page views figure?
> The number and type of visitors (unique, once, more than once)

That really depends on how you define a visitor. Analog can certainly
tell you how many unique IP addresses are in your log file, but that
doesn't necessarily relate to actual visitors.

> How do we resolve the addresses in the domain report?

By using one of the many DNS Helper tools -

> Why do we only get partial IP addresses in the organisation report?

Because you haven't enabled DNS lookups, so Analog only has IP numbers
available. It uses some simple rules of thumb to group IP addresses into
organizations (such as assuming that all "Class A" addresses belong to a
single organization, for example).

> Is it possible to have percentages instead of figures on some reports?

Yes. Use the COLS commands:

> We need to find information for the following which doesn't seem to be
> available in report magic:
> * Browser used

Are you logging the Browser information? You may need to turn on the
Browser Report:

> * Referring site

> * Unique visitors

See above

> * Terms used in the internal site search

Have you defined the INTSEARCHENGINE?

> * Authenticated users using the site

> * Usage of an individual page over time

You can get a report on a specific page by using FILEINCLUDE page.htm.
You'll have to run Analog once for each different page that you want to
get this type of report for.

> Can anyone help? I've tried looking at the documentation but its not
> available? Thanks sincerely to anyone that responds.

As I said, most of the questions you have are Analog questions, not
ReportMagic questions. You can find full Analog documentation on the
Analog website - http://analog.cx/docs/