Leo Simons wrote, On 07/05/2003 20.48:
Hi gang,

I propose we start following the apache mirror layout convention as designed by the infrastructure team, including the amendment voted upon by the [EMAIL PROTECTED] I volunteer to do so (aw!). Details below.

I've quickly looked at the proposal, and it's the same proposal as my last mail on [EMAIL PROTECTED], which is the same as Costin's.

Is it correct? For me it's easier to understand diffs than reread all the "code"/proposal ;-)

Anyway, the main point, which is what I want, is that we have:

1 - mirroring layout
2 - maven layout compatible
3 - consistent naming
4 - symlinks instead of copying

The next thing I would like to see is the use of the mirroring script as an entry point for the repository.
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer-auto.cgi could do like http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi but instead directly point to the mirror.

Also the use of md5s as Maven does or that it verifiues the integrity of the downloaded files using signatures downloaded from our main distribution directory.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -