Hi All,

I am trying to follow the emails to find out the requirements and the goals. Since it is a revival, I am assuming it is discussed earlier ?

Things change with time, so it will be good to start from the requirements and the goal and then try to solve each requirement in specific. It would help me and whoever is new to this discussion and the discussions will be more focussed.

From: Nick Chalko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Repo Goals
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:41:53 -0800

Ok so Lets talking  about what the goals for a Apache Repository are.

I propose

   * ASF Repository shall
         o only host artifacts approved by a PMC
         o be accessible to the public via http
         o be mirrorable.
         o allow browsing and downloding of artifacts by humans via
           normal web browser
   * ASF Repository should
         o provide metadata about a project,
               + its components
               + its dependencies
               + its artifacts
               + list of version available
               + url's to find specific versions of an artifact.
         o Provide tools for the management of the project metadata
         o Allow for low cost maintance by hand without tool support.
   * ASF Repository shall not
         o Host any artifact in violation of a license, or IPR.

<< smime.p7s >>

Enjoy MSN 8 patented spam control and more with MSN 8 Dial-up Internet Service. Try it FREE for one month! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup