Tim:

Short note to let you know that I updated ASFRepository/JavaArtifacts
to include the Avalon bar file as a java-artifact-specifier. I think
that this latest spec is looking a lot more robust - thanks for the
effort on this.

Cheers, Steve.

Tim Anderson wrote:

I've updated the proposals to incorporate some of the feedback received.
Each proposal can be accessed from:
 http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository/Proposals
(this also contains an overview)

Summary of changes:

1. constrained organisation in Repository URI Syntax
  http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository/URISyntax

  The organisation part may no longer contain nested "/"
  This restriction has been done to support URI parsing.

2. constrained version-name in Common Build Distribution Specifier.

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository/CommonBuildVersio
nSpecifier

  The version-name may no longer contain reserved words.

3. Factored signature artifacts out of Java Artifact Specifier

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository/SignatureArtifact
Specifier

4. Factored license artifacts out of Java Artifact Specifier.

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository/LicenseArtifactSp
ecifier

  Preliminary only.

5. Restructured Java Artifact Specifier
  http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository/JavaArtifacts

  . changed to refer to Common Distribution Artifact Specifier,
    Signature Artifact Specifier, and License Artifact Specifier
  . added ear-artifact
  . removed doc-artifact, as its not specific to java projects

-Tim

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]