I can setup this if you point me at the jars, however, here are the steps if you want to explore it yourself right now:

You need to establish what your groups id will be. The current naming trend for Apache "xml" projects has been a bit haphazard.

Some standardization here would be good. But that will not effect maven.

There is currently a problem with Maven publishing to a BSD system and md5 signature generation, if you do not want to use maven to do the publishing then these are the tasks you need to complete:

1.) The easiest way right now is for you to place the jars into

2.) Generate an md5 signature for each one in the same directory. For instance as an examples

"md5 xml-jaxme-1.0.jar > xml-jaxme-1.0.jar.md5" will produce:

3.) Generate the following symlinks the above files from

4.) and create a file

java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/xml-jaxme-snapshot-version with the contents "1.0"

5.) use the following "POM" in the

    <name>Apache Software Foundation</name>
      <name>ASL 2.0</name>

robert burrell donkin wrote:

(i don't think that the raw jars are distributed at the moment so symlinking is out of the question.)

since it's a maven repository, are there any guidelines about the right way to put stuff into there?

what about the artifact id/group id stuff?

- robert