I can setup this if you point me at the jars, however, here are the steps if you want to explore it yourself right now:

---

You need to establish what your groups id will be. The current naming trend for Apache "xml" projects has been a bit haphazard.

xercies
xml-security
xml-resolver
xalan

Some standardization here would be good. But that will not effect maven.

There is currently a problem with Maven publishing to a BSD system and md5 signature generation, if you do not want to use maven to do the publishing then these are the tasks you need to complete:

1.) The easiest way right now is for you to place the jars into

java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/...

2.) Generate an md5 signature for each one in the same directory. For instance as an examples

"md5 xml-jaxme-1.0.jar > xml-jaxme-1.0.jar.md5" will produce:

java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/xml-jaxme-1.0.jar
java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/xml-jaxme-1.0.jar.md5

3.) Generate the following symlinks the above files from

java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/xml-jaxme-SNAPSHOT.jar
java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/xml-jaxme-SNAPSHOT.jar.md5

4.) and create a file

java-repository/xml-jaxme/jars/xml-jaxme-snapshot-version with the contents "1.0"

5.) use the following "POM" in the

java-repository/xml-jaxme/poms/project/pom
<project>
  <pomVersion>3</pomVersion>
  <id>xml-jaxme</id>
  <name>xml-jaxme</name>
  <currentVersion>1.0</currentVersion>
  <organization>
    <name>Apache Software Foundation</name>
    <url>www.apache.org</url>
  </organization>
  <licenses>
    <license>
      <name>ASL 2.0</name>
      <url>???????</url>
      <comments>???????</comments>
    </license>
  </licenses>
</project>

-Mark

robert burrell donkin wrote:

(i don't think that the raw jars are distributed at the moment so symlinking is out of the question.)

since it's a maven repository, are there any guidelines about the right way to put stuff into there?

what about the artifact id/group id stuff?

- robert