I do like the download pages for Avalon however! These are very nice and provides some very solid navigation of "distributed download" capabilities. I'd really like to adopt this strategy for a global ASF Repository navigation.

http://avalon.apache.org/download.cgi

Should we consider putting together a small Maven based documentation project to establish a "ASF Repository" Site using this strategy? At least for documentation for this type of content? Then we can actually establish a canonical location for any documentation concerning the ASF Repository and its usage.

We can also work out a strategy to provide templates of this xdoc for other projects who wish maintain links into their repository contents.

-Mark

J Aaron Farr wrote:

Just a heads up.

We need to look into these duplications in the repositories.

jaaron