On 4/15/05, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > -something with a different .md5 checksum than its real checksum.
>
> The repository is scanned every 4 hours and repairs missing/broken
> md5s (bearing in mind that we don't consider them as a security
> option, but a download integrity check)

OK, no problem. I'm not actually testing those MD5s, and I have my own
tests with different SHA1 and MD5 signatures from what is expected.

> > Also, and this is just for generic cool demo effects, who can point me
> > to a good (AWT/swing) app that the repository has?
> >
> > I'd like to demo the repository as the open source successor to java
> > web start: all your favourite OSS apps, all your favourite libraries,
> > one shared local cache.
>
> I can't think of anything off the top of my head... if you find
> something, you can send it through the Maven upload process.

will do. Where is the upload process documented?

> > NB, next week I'll do ant1.7 support; Maven2 *will* be the default
> > there. I dont know what we'll do about tools for preparing packages
> > for upload; maybe a library later will address that.
>
> Upload to ibiblio, or upload to an internal repository? You're
> definitely getting into optional libraries there - so I'll resurrect
> Wagon's ant tasks from CVS and get them working again to offer up, as
> I mentioned in my previous email.

Yes, ant support for uploading stuff will be useful, and that is where
we can use wagon. I only need the download stuff to be self contained,
for bootstrapping purposes.