The way WebOb deals with this is by allowing users to supply a "default_charset"
attribute on requests (or during request construction).  It'd probably be enough
to allow people to do the same for Zope requests (maybe as a zope2.ini
parameter); when it's non-None, use that as the charset to decode to unicode
using.  If it *is* None, behave as it always has.

- C