Hi

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 11:33 PM, Chris McDonough<chr...@plope.com> wrote:
> Paul and Tres recently taught a repoze.bfg tutorial at the Plone
> Symposium at Penn State.  Tres mentioned to me that, by the reactions
> of the tutorial attendees, he thought having two separate-but-equal
> ways to do URL-to-code mapping (traversal vs. url dispatch/aka routes)
> was too confusing.  He then suggested an alternative.

I wasn't there, so not party to the discussion but in my opinion I
just don't see this as confusing,
if anything I think having to distinct methods is good.  Those who
think in routes mode just worry about it and those that like traversal
use that mode.  The combined mode is something experts who want both
can do.

My concern is you will be mixing to different modes of working and
therefore we end up with wierd corner cases that less experienced
users will then have trouble diagnosing. (ie understanding precedence
of traversal and routes matches when names are similiar)

This seems like a slippery road to strange magical behaviour ;-)

But hey like I said I wasn't there so don't know the background to the confusion

Rgds

Tim