Hi. I'm new to this list.
Just wanted to record some problems using beginners tutorial.
The tutorial is excellent and well explained. Maybe it can be improved
if the glitches I encountered are fixed.
I haven't searched archives for previous discussion of this topic.
I'm running OSX 10.5.7 on MacBook.

1. Installing repoze.bfg Into the Virtual Python Environment
http://docs.repoze.org/bfg/narr/install.html#installing-repoze-bfg-on-a-unix-system
I think it could be made clearer that you have to
$ cd bfgenv
before doing
$ bin/easy_install ... repose.bfg

All the following is within a virtualenv bfgenv

2.
http://docs.repoze.org/bfg/narr/install.html#installing-repoze-bfg-on-a-unix-system
At the bottom of this page under the heading 'What Gets Installed' is
included
Paste, PasteScript, and PasteDeploy. Well they didn't  get installed
and I had to install them separately like this:
bin/easy_install -i http://dist.repoze.org/bfg/current/simple Paste
and
bin/easy_install -i http://dist.repoze.org/bfg/current/simple
PasteDeploy
etc ....
3.  http://docs.repoze.org/bfg/narr/project.html#creating-the-project
In addition each time I tried to create the project I found the
following packages (one at a time) to be missing. They had to be
installed by the same method above:
zope.deprecation
zope.event
pytz

Only after all this did the command to build the project work:
(bfgenv)geomacbk:bfgenv georgewr$ bin/paster create -t bfg_starter

  Hope these comments are helpful.

George Wright
georg...@bigpond.net.au
http://mywebsite.bigpond.net.au/georgewr/