On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Rob Miller <r...@burningman.com> wrote:
> Thomas G. Willis wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the response Chris,
>>
>> This makes perfect sense.  And honestly I'm not married to repoze.who
>> or repoze.what,  To me it was the best option in pylons which is why I
>> had it lying around.
>>
>> /purge from brain who+what
>
> just make sure you don't throw out the baby w/ the bathwater.  repoze.who
> works well w/ repoze.bfg, other folks (myself included) have used this
> combination w/o significant problems.  using repoze.what with repoze.bfg,
> however, is uncharted territory, probably best avoided unless you want to be
> the one to blaze that trail.
>
> -r

Yeah I ended up getting repoze.who working relatively easily so I'm
going to keep it. The more that I think about it, I'm thinking
repoze.what is not that useful in a generic form since permissions
tend to be app specific(probably the same conclusion as others).

I think that the group/permission providers I wrote could still be
useful behind an authorization policy though.  So I may give that a
shot.

--
Thomas G. Willis