Hello!

Coming from Pylons, I'm a newbie to the object graph traversal world, so this question might be slightly misplaced (but hopefully a no-brainer for the bfg gurus...).

I very much like the concept of looking up my model object before dispatching to a view that operates on it. However, what bothers me about the standard traversal algorithm is that, for a URL like

/cars/beetle/wheels/front_left

I have to promote the containers ("cars" and "wheels") to first class citizens in my model (by defining CarContainer and WheelContainer classes that I can then instantiate and return as the context object from the parent's __getitem__), where in fact they are just collections held by their mutual parent model objects (the Root object in case of the cars collection - which is in itself artificial, but I'm willing to pay that price for traversability - and the Car object in case of the wheels collection).

I guess I'm asking if there is a standard, "bfg-approved" way of avoiding artificial container model classes - or did I just "not get it" yet?!

I'm very grateful for any hints and pointers you may have on this issue.

Thanks,

Oliver

F. Oliver Gathmann, Ph.D.
Director IT Unit
Cenix BioScience GmbH
Tatzberg 47                       phone: +49 (351) 4173-136
D-01307 Dresden, Germany          fax:   +49 (351) 4173-109

Sitz der Gesellschaft (Place of Business): Dresden
Geschaeftsfuehrer (CEO): Dr. Christophe J. Echeverri
Amtsgericht (Local Court): Dresden, HRB 19964
Ust-ID (VAT-No.): DE205824437