It's mostly a matter of preference, but one detriment of Mako is that it does
not yet have a "renderer" implementation that works inside repoze.bfg.  This
means you can't create a view that uses Mako as a "renderer", e.g.

@bfg_view(renderer='templates/foo.mak')
def myview(request):
     return {'a':1}

... but you can do that with Chameleon.  Until someone comes along and makes a
renderer implementation for Mako, at least.

- C