On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com> wrote:

> On 4/13/10 9:22 PM, Iain Duncan wrote:
>> Ok, I think a better way to phrase mine is:
>> - is it safe and/or reasonable to use the repoze.bfg configurator to
>> setup up the global ZCA registry for non-bfg uses?
> It is not reasonable.  It is possible, though.
> - C

Does anyone have the time to point me at how I should do it? I've been
googling quite a bit but don't seem to be finding much in the way of
examples of setting up a zca registry from zcml files. From what I could
tell, the code I posted looked like it ought to populate the global site
manager, but when I do:

xmlconfig.file('configure.zcml', package=pets)
gsm = getGlobalSiteManager()
# or
sm = getSiteManager()

both gsm and sm seem to be empty.