On 4/15/10 2:40 PM, Chris Withers wrote:
> Chris McDonough wrote:
>> On 4/13/10 4:15 AM, Chris Withers wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I'd like to plug in my own decorator (as a way of wiring a method to
>>> recieve stomp messages from a particular queue as it happens) to the
>>> config.scan() machinery.
>>>
>>> Are there docs or a recommended way to do this?
>>
>> No. It's hardcoded.
>
> Monkeypatchable or should I avoid trying to do that...

The trunk now uses "venusian" instead of hardcoded decorator scanning.  See the
repoze.bfg.view.bfg_view class for an example decorator that registers a
callback that will be called at config.scan() time.  See
http://docs.repoze.org/venusian for the details.

>> I think we should make it not-hardcoded for 1.3.
>
> Cool, what are the timescales for 1.3?

Not sure about final release.  I think we'll want to add some explicit i18n
support before the first beta, but we can probably roll an alpha any time.

- C